Monday, January 10, 2011

2 big rats at home

I was mad to my 4yo during last weekend. I have been telling her same thing again and again, but after a while, she reverts back to the bad habit.

During weekend when the kids are at home, they will keep on asking me for food, non-stop, like every half an hour. Usually I will allow them to take the food, but sometimes I do say no. Or sometimes I feel they have been eaten too much, I will say no too, but will tell them they can have it later, or the next day. Last weekend as usual, the gal asked me for yogurt. And I said yes to her. But the next day I found out that, both of them finished 4 yogurts. Normally I will just allow one at a time. They can have the other one the next day. In addition, I found that all those chocolate that we brought back from wedding reception, are all gone. And she never seek permission before eating those chocolate. I always discourage them to eat chocolate (except chocolate milk and chocolate flavour ice cream). The most I only give them maximum once a week. Past experiences have shown that each time after they take the chocolate, they will have constipation. Guarantee. Thus I avoid let them eat chocolate. Then right after they have their bread with butter and half boil egg, hubby found that they were eating cheese slice, again without asking for permission first! And later in the afternoon, hubby told me, one pack of the cheese slice have finished. It was just opened a week before. This is not the first time such things happen, that both of them have eaten lots of snacks without asking us.

I feel so upset. Not only she set a wrong example to her brother there, she is also making her brother eating so much junk food in between meals. They are not hungry. They just like to eat those snacks. She shares the food with her brother and leaves nothing for us! They have finished the yogurt; they also have finished the chocolate. However each time when we are eating, especially me, they will sure come to me asking me for food! I was very mad at her actually. And I feel so disappointed. It's not that I don't let her eat, but just want her to eat moderately. I did not talk to her for the rest of the day. I told hubby, maybe we should consider getting a lock for the fridge.

3 comments:

elliecleffairy said...

Tell me all about it... I got one ravenous shark at home too! Grrr... and NEVER ask permission to eat either, and usually will snack away just right after one meal... Grrrr... it's not that i dun let him eat, but the thing is, he wasn't hungry...just eat cuz he likes those stuff! Tell me when you found a lock for the fridge. i would like to buy one too!

Small Kucing said...

not always, right? Maybe this is just a phrase she is going thru? there will be time when she will refuse food lo

Kyn said...

I just knew about this last night - This time seems like she did not share the food with the boy. Hubby saw her hiding behind the sofa to eat. Means she knew she is not doing the right thing. And yet she is not feeling sorry about it when we ask her. Imagine, almost a dozen of cheese slice just within 2 days! Hubby just gave her 2nd serving of the bread before she has the cheese without asking. She definitely is not hungry. She just want and like to eat those food. She will only refuse food if she does not like them. And I also cannot imagine she has eaten more than a dozen chocolate! *slap forehead*